Featured Artist: WatercolorsNMore on Etsy!
WatercolorsNMore on Etsy offers original watercolors, prints and watercolor painting pendant jewelry, and ACEO (little artist trading cards for a real variety of price points and interest.
She shares a bit about herself, her store, and her love for the Lord.
1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Roxanne Tobaison, I live in sunny, central Florida – USA, and married with 2 daughters. My media of choice is watercolors and I have been painting since 1979. After the birth of my first daughter, I tried my hand at oil painting then watercolors. I was hooked and have never stopped since.
2. What inspires you to create your work?
I am a Florida native and the area is brimming over with natural wonders, treasures, beauty and so many historical landmarks. I paint to preserve these historical treasures and many of them are commissioned works.
3. What is your favorite thing to make/sell?
I like selling my original paintings, prints, watercolor pendants, ACEOs and note cards. Of course, you like to sell your higher priced items…but anything I sell is important. My watercolors are: Frameable, Wearable and Collectable.
4. What is the best part about being a Christian seller?
Being a Christian seller means integrity and honesty and responsibility. Not that others aren’t, but these are qualities that are real important to maintain good relationships with your customers.
5. Why do you do what you do?
I would not want to do anything different. I love what I do, just not enough hours in the day to accomplish it all.
6. What are your hobbies?
Besides painting I love photography. I take my own photography references for my artworks. I compose my shots so that they are easily translated into my paintings. Another hobby is: Exercise. This provides a great escape for the brain and keeps you trim – yeah, right. Well, it’s fun anyway.
7. What is one of your most well-loved Bible verses?
This is not a common one to repeat, but has very special meaning to me……
1. I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. 2. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 3. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their thrust in the Lord.
Visit her website at: www.roxannetobaison.com