Featured Artist: Wordz of Life on Etsy!
Wordz of Life on Etsy offers, as she says on her welcome page, “God’s Word, as well as wordz from God’s heart to yours, hand stitched simply. Plainly. With much joy!”
She shares a bit about herself, her store, and her love for the Lord.
1. I am a wife, a mom and a grammy. I’ve been married almost 32 years to my blue-eyed guy. My passion is Jesus and the word of God. It’s why I do what I do!
2. What inspires me? Well, mostly I am just so thankful to BE. A few years ago I experienced the most painful, life changing time in my life emotionally and spiritually. Through the journey out of that deep, dark place…Wordz of Life was birthed. God whispered to my heart, “there is healing in the stitching”. And so, I began. To date I have hand stitched over 2 MILES of scarlet red thread into Wordz of Life creations! My Daddy God inspires me through His business!
3. My favorite item to sell…hmmm…that’s tough. I would have to say the Heart Snippets. I love encouraging others and I feel so blessed when people purchase them to inspire and encourage those in their lives. Personalized ones are another favorite. Stitching words others have come up with to encourage someone dear to them. I usually have the privilege of hearing the stories behind those and they touch my heart. I then can pray for those in the “story” and am so filled up by that.
4. Being a Christian seller is PERFECT. As I’ve said, this is God’s business and I am simply His hands in this endeavor. He’s healing my heart owies as I stitch, and I know that every item that leaves here is filled with prayer and covered with love from above.
5. I do what I do because I am passionate about it. I truly feel it is my life purpose to encourage others with God’s word.
6. My hobbies…stitching….seriously!
7. Of course my favorite book is the Bible, but a book authored by a human would be Captivating by Stasi Eldredge. It changed me from the inside out. I love old musicals like State Fair, Seven Brides For Seven Brothers..and then there’s Lord of the Rings. Music that plays around here all the time is all faith based. Love everything from TobyMac to Darlene Zchech.
8. Bible verses…WOW! I think I would have to say Proverbs 3:5,6. It’s one of those that I’ve been dissecting lately and thinking on it phrase by phrase. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Definitely food for thought.